Monday, July 23, 2012

Monday Made It- Love being crafty!

"Pass Pad"
This year, I am doing something different instead of my old school "treasure box." I noticed that my kiddos didn't always care for what was brought in for the treasure box and would often want a piece of candy instead. Well, my students were always interested in rewards like homework passes, eating lunch with a friend or me, etc. Then on Pinterest, I found my inspiration:

http://seusstastic.blogspot.com/2011/09/behavior-coupon-freebie.html
Hobby Lobby Organizer with 40% off so like $4.50
Inside after dividers were inserted
Just printed the sign on cardstock (Still need to laminate) and found the frog from stuff I already had!
Variety of colored cardstock for my passes :)
I am very excited to implement the "Pass Pad" as my main reward system. Students will get a pass when they get their punch cards full, homework sticker charts full, or for awesome behavior over a period of time. They will be hard to attain so hopefully that will make them more valuable!

What did you make this Monday?

5 comments:

Taylor said...

I was thinking about trying that out as well but I don't think it will work too well in a resource room setting so I passed the idea onto some fellow teachers at my school instead! Looks Great!!

Taylor
BakingCraftingTeaching Oh My!

The Craft of Teaching said...

I hadn't seen this before...what a great idea! I have the same issues with the Treasure Box, so this might be just what I am looking for!

Nichole
Craft of Teaching

Jessica said...

Love this method! I used it in my classroom last year and it was a hit! The kids worked so hard because they wanted to sit in the teacher chair or have lunch with a friend. I hope it works as well for you!

Jessica

Sara said...

Very cool! I also did something similar to this and posted about it today too! Stop by my blog to check it out...

I love the ice cream one...shoot! I should have thought of that...I may have to add it to my collection... :)

~Sara~
Ramblings of a Deaf Ed Teacher's Mind...

The Writing Mama said...

I love your pad pass system!! So cute!