Happy Valentine's Day!
Thursday, February 14, 2013
Saturday, February 9, 2013
- Sitting on his lap listening to him read Paula and me the Sunday Comics
- Playing Ole Maid-Grandaddy letting the others trick me into picking the Ole Maid- oh the tears I shed!
- Riding on his back in the indoor pool @ Navarre. Me and Paula at the same time. Geez. How did he do it??
- Teaching me how to dive at the indoor pool @ Navarre
- Memo sneaking Paula and me his coffee sugar cubes in their hotel bathroom @ Navarre
- Roasting hot dogs on the beach @ Navarre
- Sitting with Grandaddy and Memo while they worked puzzles @ Navarre
- Bonfires each year for his b-day
- Christmas morning- him looking and talking to me about all my Santa gifts
- The shelves he built for my room at home- one now hangs in our kitchen
- The bible verse frame he gave me on my 19th birthday with the sweet memories he had of the two of us written on the back- hanging in my hallway
- Watching soooo many of my softball games throughout my career. Loved that!
- Lunch @ their house during my college years and on breaks once I started teaching
- Calling their house and he immediately found Memo (no matter what she was doing) b/c he knew I wanted to talk to her
- Red Lobster, Dixie Cafe, and Cracker Barrel dates
- The horns he gave to Eric and always asked about where he hung them :)
- The sweet & innocent few times I brought Kaylee over to visit him.
- The smile on his face when I visited him at Fox Bridge.
My grandaddy was a sweet sweet man. Hope him and Memo have reunited in heaven :)