Saturday, July 23, 2011

New (School) Year Resolution Linky Party!

New School Year Resolution
My new school year resolution is to improve how I teach Reading to my students. For the three years that I have taught, I have utilized Reading centers and small group time with me to teach the reading skills necessary for the state test. I feel that my students benefit a great deal by the small group time they spend with me, but I am not sure how beneficial the centers are. My centers mainly focus in on reading comprehension not many other reading skills. Anybody else use centers with 3rd graders? Have any good ones to help with making inferences, comparing/contrasting, drawing conclusions?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is my 1st year using work stations. I have a listening station (which hasn't been perfected), a spelling station (a choice board that I will change every 6weeks), a game station (I put up a boggle board, made a go fish sight word game and they can play scrabble slam this 6 weeks), a library station and the teacher station. I also have 1 student computer and I intend to make it a station the 2nd six weeks.