Friday, July 15, 2011

My Classroom Lingo :)

"We've all got those "things" that we say. What is something you always say to your students? Maybe it's something cute that you love... or maybe it's something that you heard them start to say to each other that made you go "uh oh!". "

I always find myself saying crazy things in the classroom, but when I saw this link up it was hard to think of all my crazy sayings!

One thing I say to my girls instead of calling them by name is calling them "chickadee." The word chickadee is just fun to say! One girl one year asked me what a chickadee was and I was like it's a bird. She didn't believe me until we did our US State project and a chickadee was a state bird for two states!

My favorite serious thing to say to my students is "Seriously!" When someone is doing something they shouldn't be and they already got in trouble for it once, I just give them my teacher leer and say, "Seriously, go to the conduct chart." END OF DISCUSSION

Link up with Christina and share your teacher sayings!

2 comments:

Christina Bainbridge said...

Thanks for linking up! Chickadee is super cute!

:)
Christina

Sarah said...

I found your blog by this linky party! I am now following you! :)

Sarah
Fantastic 1st Grade