Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Favorite Books Linky Party-Teacher Style!

Childhood Favorites: I loved reading The Boxcar Children books, The Full House series books (b/c I was obsessed with Full House), and I really loved The American Girl books. I liked them because they were short and each girl had her own little series!

Classroom Favorites: I start each year off reading the first Judy Moody book to my class b/c she is starting the 3rd grade and that is what I teach. The kiddos love it! Last year, I discovered that my 3rd graders loved The Weird School books. They are silly books that can always give the kids a good laugh.


Read to My Own Children Favorites: Well, I just had my first baby a month ago so I haven't been doing much reading yet. I have a feeling that I Love You Forever will be one of my favorites to read to my sweet Kaylee. I absolutely feel in love with this book when my second grade teacher gave it to everyone in our class as a gift. I still have that copy and will be reading it to Kaylee soon! Such a sweet story :)

Professional Favorites: Of course, Harry Wong! What good elementary teacher doesn't love Harry Wong?? I was one that actually enjoyed watching the Harry Wong videos in my undergrad class. I also like Ron Clark and his Essential 55 and Excellent 11. He was the guest speaker at our opening inservice last year. I actually got to meet him and he signed my book. That man has so much energy! Harry and Ron both give basic advice that we often forget or don't think enough about once we get into our own classrooms.

Guilty Pleasure Favorites: I am not a "read for fun" type of girl mainly b/c I never have time or make time to read. Now that I am finally done with my grad school work I can take time to read! I have always loved Nicholas Sparks books and this summer I discovered that I like Kristin Hannah's books. I also like Joanne Fluke's "Hannah Swensen" dessert mystery series.



Your turn to join in the Linky Party Blog Hop!
What are your favorite books?






















No comments: