Traditions Growing Up
- Getting a real Christmas tree, decorating it while listening to Christmas music and drinking egg nog
- Annual town Christmas parade (usually someone from the family was in it)
- Going to as many free Christmas events at churches, town festivities that my mom could find!
- Making Christmas cookies with my siblings
- Hanging stockings on Christmas Eve
- Eating yummy snack foods Christmas Eve typically after church service in the later years (early years we went to a party @ my Great Aunt's house)
- My mom read us The Night Before Christmas each year right before bed on Christmas Eve
- Get up Christmas morning and hang out upstairs till mama and daddy said they were ready for us downstairs
- Take the classic "top of the staircase" picture/video before we headed down (We always looked so lovely)
- See what Santa brought us!
- Grandparents came over for breakfast (always eggs, bacon, toast/biscuits) then we opened all our presents from family
- Lunch @ our house
- Head to the grandparent's house later on for more food and presents
*Many of these traditions are still being carried on today.