Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Show Me Christmas- Link Up # 3

I'm linking up for the 3rd Tuesday in a row for Show Me Christmas. This week, I get to talk about traditions. Here are the traditions I had growing up :)


Traditions Growing Up
  • Getting a real Christmas tree, decorating it while listening to Christmas music and drinking egg nog
  • Annual town Christmas parade (usually someone from the family was in it)
  • Going to as many free Christmas events at churches, town festivities that my mom could find!
  • Making Christmas cookies with my siblings
  • Hanging stockings on Christmas Eve
  • Eating yummy snack foods Christmas Eve typically after church service in the later years (early years we went to a party @ my Great Aunt's house)
  • My mom read us The Night Before Christmas each year right before bed on Christmas Eve
  • Get up Christmas morning and hang out upstairs till mama and daddy said they were ready for us downstairs
  • Take the classic "top of the staircase" picture/video before we headed down (We always looked so lovely)
  • See what Santa brought us!
  • Grandparents came over for breakfast (always eggs, bacon, toast/biscuits) then we opened all our presents from family
  • Lunch @ our house
  • Head to the grandparent's house later on for more food and presents
*Many of these traditions are still being carried on today.
Sorry so late joining in, I was carrying on a tradition.  We made cookies tonight!



We can't wait to make more family traditions as Kaylee grows up!

1 comment:

Paula said...

Best Christmas Traditions Ever!