Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Christmas Questions Answered

Saw this on another blog and wanted to answer them for myself. So fun thinking about different aspects of the holiday!

1.      Eggnog or hot chocolate?
     Hot chocolate for sure. Eggnog is good like once a year, but hot chocolate with marshmallows is the best!

2.      Does Santa wrap presents or just set them under the tree?
    Santa does not wrap gifts, that is too much work!

3.      Colored lights on tree/house or white?
    Colored on my tree,  well actually they blink from white to color. Typically white on the house. We don;t have lights on our house, but growing up we always had white.

4.      Do you hang mistletoe?
      Never have! 

5.      When do you put your decorations up?
    Usually the first weekend in December, but this year I was eager and went for the weekend after Thanksgiving. Never before Thanksgiving though. 


6.      What is your favorite holiday dish?
    Shrimp @ our Christmas Eve "snack dinner" as I call it. We have a bunch of different appetizer type foods. Yummy!

7.      Favorite holiday memory as a child?
Just being eager to see what Santa brought. I always loved to be able to see my presents right away without opening them :)

8.     When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I really don't remember when I found out the truth. I think it wasn't until 5th grade though.

9.      Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
    Eric and I have typically opened our gifts on  Christmas Eve just because Christmas is so busy with all our families. Growing up, I only opened on Christmas Eve if I got a new pair of jammies to wear. I think that will carry on with Kaylee too :)


10.   How do you decorate your Christmas tree?
       Well my tree is pre-lit, so all I have to do is add the ornaments. I use all the ornaments my grandmother gave me plus others that I have received throughout my 26 years. Very personal decorations!

 
11.    Snow! Love it or dread it?
    Love to look at it and sled down it. Not a fan of making snowmen or driving in it!
 
12.   Can you ice skate? 
       Yes, but not very gracefully


13.   Do you remember your favorite gift? 
    I remember a couple of gifts I really wanted. The one that sticks out the most is my Magic Nursery Surprise Triplet Dolls. They were so cool!

14.   What’s the most important thing about the holidays for you?
   Cherishing the moments with family!

15.    What is your favorite holiday dessert?
    My goodness, I love all kinds of desserts. I love my mom's heavenly delight even though it contains pineapple and I hate pineapple.

16.   What is your favorite holiday tradition?
        Christmas breakfast with my family. I am going to enjoy this year b/c it will probably be my last since we will need to start a new tradition with Kaylee on Christmas morning next year! Bittersweet :)

17.    What tops your tree?
       A silver ornament that says PEACE.

18.   Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
      I would have to say I am pretty equal on both sides. I love giving gifts and seeing how much the people enjoy what I give, but I also love to receive gifts. It's a win win!

19.   Candy canes: yuck or yum?
        If they are flavored candy canes besides just      peppermint then I say yum!


20.  Favorite Christmas movie?
    Definitely a tie between Elf and Christmas Vacation. Both make me laugh LOTS.


21.   Saddest Christmas song?
   Christmas Shoes. Such a sweet song with a special   meaning, but so freakin sad!


22.    What’s your favorite Christmas song?
This year- Dominic the Donkey just because it cracks me up and Dominic is the Italian Christmas 
Donkey!

Now you have learned all about my Christmas thoughts! Feel free to answer them too, I would love to read your Christmas responses!

No comments: