Monday, December 27, 2010

Christmas Festivities!

Christmas this year was both busy and fun! Christmas Eve, JoJo and I headed to my parent's house for me to make cookies and him to play with Lacie. Lacie and JoJo had a blast playing with each other for two and a half hours while we decorated cookies. Later on that day, we all headed to Hope for the Christmas Eve service which was very entertaining. I always love the music. There was a cute baby girl sitting in front of Eric and me and we enjoyed watching her throughout the service. Can't wait to meet our baby! After church, it was time for shrimp and other goodies. Dinner was awesome. Then we played Imagine Iff together and headed home to open our Christmas presents. Eric and I spent very little on each other this year since we are paying for all this school and trying to save for the baby. He got me the only item I asked for which was a Snuggie, and I am using it as I type this :) I got him a heating pad, a Titans flag to hang in his office, and a new Mountain Dew shirt. We got JoJo a squirrel house. It is a toy that holds three toy squirrels in the inside. He has to try to get them out. He seems to really like it.

Opening his present!
Trying to figure out what to do with it :)

Christmas morning we headed back to my parent's house for the tradition of breakfast and present opening. For breakfast I had scrambled eggs, one fried egg, one biscuit, one and 1/2 pieces of wheat toast, three pieces of bacon, and grape juice. It was delicious and very filling :) Opening presents is always fun, JoJo seemed to enjoy running back and forth "helping" people unwrap. I got some great gifts. I think my favorite presents from my mom are my boots and my pea coat. They are so cute, especially together! I loved all my gifts, and I think everyone loved the gifts I gave them.
Joey and his new "indestructible" froggie toy
Mama and her favorite Christmas movie of all time
Me and Paula with the gifts I gave her. Glad she liked them!
Daddy with his pillow and shirt I gave him

After my parent's house, we headed to Eric's parents for lunch and presents. We had ham, dressing, deviled eggs, and a couple of casseroles. Of course my favorite part was the cheesecake for dessert :) For presents, we always receive cash which we actually love. This year, the majority of our cash went straight into our "baby jar" where we are saving up money for big baby items like the crib.
Us :)
The Faughts :)

Christmas night a new tradition was started! We headed to Paula and John Paul's house for dinner, presents, and games. We had ham, corn, sweet potato casserole, grape salad, and desserts. I loved the sweet potato casserole and grape salad. They were delicious! Eric and I got tervis tumblers from the "Adams." Eric is super excited about his Memphis tumbler since he has been borrowing my ladybug cup since August. We love our mini Memphis tumblers. They are going to be very useful around the house! I only have one pic from Paula's and that is of me and Em in front of the tree :)

This Christmas was a success and next year will be even more fun when Eric and I get to start new traditions with our child :)


No comments: