Thursday, February 9, 2012

Our Love Story: Link Up!



I'm Linking up with From Mrs. to Mama to share our love story in honor of Valentine's Day!

Taken Ladies
1. How long have you and your significant other been together?  A little over 8 years!

2. How did you meet? {What's your "love" story?} We met my first semester of college when I was 18 and Eric was 21. We had Sociology class together. I stared at the back of Eric's head until around November when we finally spoke to each other. We went bowling with a group of his friends soon 
after and have been together ever since!

3. If married, how long have you been married? We will be married 4 years April 26th :)

4. If you are married, where did you get married at? We got married at a small church in town and had the reception in our backyard. Big or small wedding? We had a very small wedding with only a little over 50 people in attendance. It was a perfect day for us!

5. Do you have any nick-names that you call one another? Do share! We totally used nicknames more when we were dating...(we have become lame in our married years). No nicknames now we just call each other mommy and daddy since we have a baby :)

6. Name 3 things you love most about your honey. One- Eric generally loves everything about me, the good, the bad, the ugly. I love getting to be completely myself around him.  Two- Eric is such a good daddy! I have loved watching him grow as a father these past 8 months. I smile every time I see him and Kaylee together. Three- Eric cleans and does laundry!! Yes, I know I am extremely lucky. He is a little OCD, but all is well when my house gets clean and my laundry gets done each week.

7. Tell us how he proposed? Eric proposed on Valentine's Day 2007. He was giving me my Valentine's gift (chocolate covered strawberries and a box of chocolates). I thanked him for both and set the boxes down. He was like, "Don't you want to open your chocolates?" I said, "No not now maybe later." And he was like, "Come on open them now, try one." So, I opened the box. Inside where the middle chocolate had been was a ring box. I couldn't believe it! So I saw the box he picked it up and asked and I said yes! Too sweet :)

8. Is he a flowers and teddy bear kind of guy for v-day, or strawberrieschampagne, and rose petals? flowers and teddy bear for sure

9. Are you a sunset dinner on the beach kind of girl, or pop a movie in and relax on the couch? pop a movie in and relax kind of girl!

10. Tell us one thing you'd like to do with your significant one day. If you could do anything? Go anywhere? Totally want to travel to the west coast/west side of the states together. Also would love to leave the country and go to Italy! (absolute dream)

11. Tell us what you plan on doing on this Valentine's Day. We have no big plans seeing as it is on a Tuesday night and Eric doesn't get home till about 7:30. We will probably go out to eat this weekend as a pre-celebration with Kaylee with us, a family celebration!

12. Are you asking for anything this Valentine's day? Nope! Eric typically gets me a card and candy and that is the perfect present for me :)

13. Give us one piece of advice of keeping a relationship strong and full of love. Be honest. Laugh together. Tell each other thank you for the small and big things you do for one another. Say I love you everyday!

14.  Show us a picture of what love means to you.
Total love on Eric's face. So sweet!
Our precious family! L-O-V-E

Want to share your love story? 

Join in the fun HERE!

1 comment:

College Dating said...

The two of you are such a fabulous couple! I was really inspired by yoour love story. :') God bless the both of you.