Friday, June 10, 2011

Reading!

I've linked up for Book Club Friday!

Typically when I am teaching, I do not read for enjoyment very often. Plus, I just finished up grad school so I was always reading what I HAD to read. Now that it is summer and I am finished furthering my education, I can read for fun again!

Here is my current book:

My sister recommended the author Kristin Hannah after she read her book FireFly Lane. So I went to our local library and found this one. This book is about an Italian family that runs a restaurant in a small town in Oregon. The father has recently passed away and the restaurant is not doing so well. So, Angie comes home to help out her mom and two sisters with the restaurant. They are reluctant to change at first, but they come around. Angie is also going through a divorce and trying to find happiness again. Enough info but the story line is very good. I am definitely into the book and look forward to reading more by Kristin Hannah!


6 comments:

Heather said...

That sounds like such an interesting book! Thank you for sharing!!

By the way, I hope everything goes well with the inducement tomorrow!

Katie said...

thank you! me too :)

Paula said...

I'll have to read that one!

Amy said...

I recently discovered Kristin Hannah, and just finished reading "Fallen Angel", and I loved it, and I love the way she writes and am looking forward to getting my hands on some more of her books!! I'll be adding this one to my list for sure!! Your newest follower
www.ourcrazybeautifulife.com

Katie said...

yes my sister introduced her to me. this was my first one, i also checked out between sisters. aww, yay for new followers!

Heather said...

I've heard wonderful reviews about Kristin Hannah books, I'll have to read this one!