Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

What a fun fall weekend! I spent today carving a pumpkin, eating a great meal at Logan's for my grandfather's 80th birthday, and now passing out candy to the few trick-or-treaters that we have had. After having that whole week off for Fall Break, this weekend seemed to fly right on by. Yesterday, I had a garage sale at my house with my mom and sister. We participated in my neighborhood's first attempt at a neighborhood garage sale. We were very successful, but it sure was cool out there! I left the sale for a little bit to walk in the Race for the Cure in honor of my friend Pam. Pam was diagnosed last year in September, we walked last year just before her surgery, and we walked this year right before her one year mark! It is such a fun race to be a part of. 19,000 people came out to run/walk. People decorate their yards so that when we walk by we have something to look at/talk about. Pic of the group :)

.

At Logan's, I got "The Logan" which is one of their signature steaks. As my side items, I picked a baked potato and mac & cheese. Everything was delicious! My mom made cupcakes for GD's birthday so I even topped it off with one of those. Here is a pic of my grandpa and me :)

Here is a pic of my cute jack-o-lantern that I carved earlier today. I picked the easiest pattern out of all the ones that Paula had left. It sure is cute though!


This was the busiest weekend I have had in a while. Looking forward to next weekend b/c I have no plans :)

2 comments:

Paula said...

the eyes look good all lit up! but it is a little sideways... :)

Katie said...

yeah my bad.....don't know why it wouldn't turn. it turned on facebook!