Monday, June 10, 2013

Tybee Island

Kaylee and I just got back from a fun week at Tybee Island with my family! This was our first trip to the Atlantic coast, and we loved it. The ocean is definitely different looking than the Gulf, but not a bad different. Tybee is a small island, it doesn't take very long to get from one end to the other. I loved how not crowded it was compared to Destin, Panama City, and Gulf Shores (our typical beach towns). Tropical Storm Andrea decided to pass through and make for a good amount of rain, but we spent the majority of the rainy time in Savannah!

Savannah is very close so we went in to Savannah to site see and eat at Paula Deen's restaurant. We also got to meet Paula and company at a book signing she just happened to have while we were down there! 
Our view!
Mommy/Daughter time!
Kaylee LOVED the pool!
My fan with Paula's signature, her husband's, and Uncle Bubba's
Our rainy day in Savannah
Splish Splash!
Running around!
The Tybee Lighthouse
Kaylee loved being a "monkey" on the steps!
My lifeguard :)
Kaylee had a blast. She loved the beach and the sand this year. Her favorite was the pool though. It was her first time using a ring and floaties, and she couldn't get enough of them.  I'm excited I will get to take her back to the beach in October for my friend's wedding! 

                       

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a blast! Kaylee is adorable!

Karen
An Apple a Day in First Grade