I am working my way down my summer to-do list:
1) Leadership retreat for SCS- check
2) Wisdom tooth out- check
3) Complete grad school class- check
3) Have a garage sale- check
4) Work some at the salon- check and continuing throughout summer
5) Lunch with grandparents- yes, more dates to come!
6) Redo master bedroom bathroom- next step!
7) Swim in a pool- yet to accomplish
8) Go on vacation- work in progress for middle of July
9) Host Paula's wedding shower- end of July
So, we are began the remodeling process of our shower/floor in our master bathroom this week. I went to pick out tile with Brent (who is completing the remodel). I brought home samples to show Eric and we decided on one. Brent, Em, and I went to Lowe's to buy the tile and some supplies. The next step was the demo! Messy, but it went quick. Now, Brent has moved on to tiling the shower :) Here are the before pictures! I will show the final project when it is complete.The tile on the wall is coming down and being replaced.
The floor tile is also being replaced as you can see the partial demo by the door way.
Here is the main reason why we are doing this re-do. You can see the missing tile in the corner. This is caused from the wall behind the shower that is rotting. GROSS. The soap holder in the new shower will be inserted into the wall along with a shelf inserted into the wall for shampoo and body wash :)
Back view of the shower and the picture below is the front of the shower. There will also be a light inserted in the top middle part of the ceiling of the shower.