Friday, October 7, 2011

Week In Review 10/3-10/7

I'm linking up @ Clutter-free Classroom to share some highlights from my week! This week we started multiplication. I taught them the basics of how it is repeated addition, we learned the terms factor and product, my student teacher taught them about arrays, and we began making our own set of flashcards. The kiddos favorite part of the week was playing a new game, Math Sparkle! If you have never heard of Math Sparkle, it is kind of like Spelling Sparkle but with numbers. The whole point of Math Sparkle is to master the art of skip counting. We skip count all the way up to 12s eventually, but this week we have only just begun. All my kids can successfully skip count by 2s, 3s, and 5s, and most by 4s, but we are working on it!

2 comments:

Mrs. Karen Zielinski said...

I am just getting started with the whole concept of blogging and am wondering if people set up a teaching blog and an additional blog for their classrooms or 1 inclusive blog?

YearntoLearn said...

Just found your blog through the plan book link up.
I teach 3rd grade too.

Denise

Yearn to Learn Blog